Cnr. Strada Crescent and Academy Avenue, Wheelers Hill VIC 3150
Telephone: (03) 9724 2980
The mission of the Capacity Building Team is to build the capacity of schools and teachers to meet the needs of 'at risk' students in eastern metropolitan DET schools and, wherever possible, to enable students to remain in their neighbourhood schools.
Program Outline and Fee Structure 2018
Once a referral has been made to Capacity Building, a member of the Capacity Building team will conduct pre–consultation session/s for which there is no charge. These sessions may run for half a day or a whole day depending upon the needs of the school.
Once a school decides to engage in a program with Capacity Building there will be a fee of $250 for a series of six sessions, one of which should include a professional learning activity for a group of staff to be determined by the school. The intention of the group professional learning activity is to build whole school capacity to develop positive behaviour.
1. Pre-consult (No fee)
- Review of professional and specialist assessments and recommendations currently on file.
- Interview relevant staff and conduct observation of student in relevant context to identify behaviours of concern.
- Review of current behaviour support plans in classroom and schoolwide context.
- Review of current support in line with DET policy documents, i.e. SPAG.
- Provide initial recommendations to reduce behaviours of concern based on identified student needs and contexts.
2. Engaged Services ($250 exclusive of GST)
- Review of student behaviour progress and implementation of positive behaviour supports made in initial recommendations from Pre-consult.
- Support school to create a Behaviour Support Team
- Provide coaching and technical instruction to build the capacity of the Behaviour Support Team to:
- assess the behaviour, focussing on its influences, triggers and function (i.e. what purpose it serves). This should involve observation and talking with the student, their family and relevant wellbeing professionals.
- develop a behaviour support plan and/or individual education plan
- collect data to inform Behaviour Support Team decision making process
- consider if any environmental changes need to be made, for example changing the classroom set up
- explicit teaching of replacement behaviours (recognise students will need time to practice these before they become habit)
- engage appropriate support services, such as a student welfare coordinator, student support services or community agencies to undertake assessments and/or provide specialist support
- conduct professional learning on understanding behaviour as a product of the environmental context.
3. Any additional professional development sessions or stand-alone professional development sessions outside the re engagement service provision will attract a fee of $500 exclusive of GST.
- Costs are not transferrable between referrals.
- Any and all questions regarding charges and/or invoicing should be directed to the Principal or Business Manager at Croydon Community School, who manage the Capacity Building team on behalf of NEVR.
Who can refer?
Anyone! We receive referrals from anyone concerned about the progress of a student enrolled in eastern metropolitan DET schools. Just call us on 9724 2980.